Friday, 18 May 2012

Almost finished

I was back to the scrap organisation grindstone today and this is the result of my work, I need to work out how I'm going to store them so I can keep them nice and neat, a trip to Officeworks might be in order.  Looking at this lot of scraps I can see a few improvisational string blocks or quilts happening in the future.


While I was cutting the scraps I also cut some of them ready to make into blocks that I am planning to make soon,  with a bit of chain-piecing it shouldn't take too long to get them finished.


this is one I prepared earlier from a tutorial which I found here via Aussie Hero Quilts, I'm planning on making some more with these colours to send off to Jan-Maree for her BOM programme.



6 comments:

  1. Oh I love to see organised scraps! Once you get them ready to put away would you please show us how you do it? I have mine in snap lock bags in colours. Not sure if that will work when I need to use them or not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it takes awhile but it will be worth it in the end!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting organised..that block looks great..will go and have a look at the tutorial..

    ReplyDelete
  4. How inspiring! I need to tackle my scrap bins and do some cutting & organizing....

    Different sizes of zip-loc plastic bags might help keep different size scraps together...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been plenty busy getting organized! It looks like all this clean up has sparked a few project ideas too! Looking forward to seeing how things turn out! (I know whatever you make will be wonderful)

    ReplyDelete
  6. still wish you would come and attack my scraps - loving the look of those blocks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)