Monday, 30 April 2012

Slowly does it ...

I'm slowly working my way through the Just Takes 2 blocks, I have five blocks and three Flying Geese strips still to construct, and two applique blocks that are being worked on slowly.


 JT2 basket block


JT2 Economy block (top) and FW Economy block (bottom)

I also finished #29 Economy in my FW quilt, and I'm now halfway through the blocks on that quilt which is a bit of an incentive to keep going and get it finished.  I haven't worked on my Flower Garden quilt for some time and I felt slightly guilty when I saw on the Kim McLean Down Under blog that Sheila had been busy working on the bottom border of her quilt, but I need to complete my To Do List first, and I have managed to cross a couple of things off it already, with luck I will knock it off this week.

8 comments:

  1. I wouldnt feel too remorseful Pip...you are a steady production line in your house...and these blocks prove you havent been "resting" The JT2 block is SOOoooo carefully cut out.... I love the fabric. Its getting a bit cold in my Flower Garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Slowly slowly catchy monkey". You get lots done in small nibbles. I don't know how you juggle all of your interests.. gardening cooking, preserving, reading etc, etc. Love that basket block, i am jealous you got it to size first go, thats the benefit of waiting, you let others discover all hurdles. And clever to do both economy blocks together. I spent the afternoon prepping loads of circles for my border. Next JT2 out tonight.. wonder whats in store

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your JT2 blocks looks great! I'm a little behind at the moment too..just working on the applique block...I'm taking it real slow so I can get it right first time around. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blocks. It makes me wish I hadn't decided to pass up Just Takes Two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely block and so neat. You and me also with the Flower Garden blocks. Too much to do and not enough sewing time! VBG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your JT2 blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Just takes 2 and FWQAL together!! You get loads more done than I ever will, Pip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your JT2 blocks are all lovely Pip, great work. The latest ones look a little hard to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)