Thursday, 12 April 2012

Seeing red

I have been catching up with my Just Takes 2 quilt blocks, I am way behind as I have been busy with other projects.  I'm still not feeling the love for this project and have decided that I will finish the outstanding blocks, join them up as per the assembly instructions, and then make that into a quilt.  I am thinking that I will end up making four smaller quilts instead of one huge quilt, and at the moment I have a crazy idea about joining the four small quilts using bound buttonholes and buttons along one side, I need to think on this idea some more and work out whether it will be feasible or not (I have no idea how to make a bound buttonhole)


There are three large blocks still to be made, I have made a start on one of them (above) it is all applique so will take me a while.  Fabric choices still have to be made for the other two large blocks - a Feathered Star and a Compass block, I will not be adding the Redwork embroidery to any of my blocks.


7 comments:

  1. Oh you've made me feel better...I've been collecting the steps "for later" and since I've seen how it comes together...me no like...at all...well done on getting as far as you have...the buttoning idea is interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full marks for persevering Pip.I would rather scrape my fingernails down a blackboard than keep sewing something I wasnt loving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the idea of buttoning the quilts together.... and I'm sure you can find lots of tutorials about bound buttonholes online. (I've made a few in my time and they're not that hard.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks look really pretty! At least you are still considering this as a "work in progress"!
    I too am behind on this sew-along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love red and white. What you have looks lovely. I like your ability to change your plans and adapt to the situation you find yourself in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your plan for the blocks Pip. I too have been collecting the instructions and while I love many of the blocks I'm not keen on the whole thing together so I may just make a few of my favourites into cushions at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOh your just takes 2 blocks are gorgeous, Pip! Loving the combinations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)