Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Sore fingers

I'm all sewn out, just finished this off, and the light isn't the best for photo taking so it is a bit washed out.  It still needs some triangly bits to finish off the top and bottom edges and a really good pressing but the main part is done now and I'm having a rest from sewing for the rest of the night.


Seven Sisters


I was a bit optimistic thinking it would be finished by Sunday night, but it's done now.  Hopefully I will be able to select the two border fabrics and binding fabric this Saturday when I'm at The Sewing Sanctuary for the Farmer's Wife Quilt Sampler sewing day.

I used both machine and hand stitching to make this quilt otherwise I would still be stitching :)  it's been quite a process, but I've enjoyed playing around with the hexagons, most of the fabric came from my stash with a few odd bits I was gifted (thank you Sheila) and some small bits I bought, not forgetting the Kaffe Henna fabric which has worked in quite well.

11 comments:

  1. Wow you were fast with this, It looks really pretty. What size did it finish at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors you use in this quilt - the "washed out" as you put it in color gives it an antique look.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Gorgeous ! What a great finish !

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely... beautiful colors, lovely fabrics... it does draw on in, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. THe quilt is beautiful. I really like the soft muted colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt is so pretty, and I love the way the three-dimensional effects play tricks on my eyes.

    You deserve a break AND chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Gorgeous Pip!
    I'm so amazed at how quickly you put this stunning quilt top together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am sure your fingers must be thread bare after this marathon. But what a finish! Beeeee utiful Pip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very pretty - I love the optical illusion - the more you stare, the more triangles, diamonds and cubes you see!

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it Pip! It's my perfect color scheme ~ you've done again!!! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful - how big is it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)