Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Some I prepared earlier

I decided to try my hand at a couple of  Nearly Insane blocks last week, these blocks were made from some French General fabrics, I'm quite liking these colours so I think the rest of the blocks will be made using the same or similar colours, and I will have a dark taupe sashing with dark blue corner stones, and maybe a blue binding.  I haven't thought about fabrics for the zig zag border and outer border yet.


Block 1



Block 8

The blocks on this quilt don't have names just numbers but I did find a blogger and quiltmaker who decided to name all the blocks for her quilt - some of them are quite apt, although it doesn't appear that she made many blocks.  Take a look at a finished Nearly Insane made by Tara - I saw this quilt at the Adelaide show and the photo doesn't do it justice, it's a really beautiful quilt.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the colour combination! It will look very striking.
    I made a Nearly Insane a couple of years ago for my mums 80th birthday. I did it in pinks and mauves. Pictures are on my blog.
    By the way - how do you find time to tackle Nearly Insane with so many other projects on the go???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your color combination, I have the book but never started it - maybe one day?
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking really good Pip. I particularly like Block 1.
    Love your hexagons too, the colours are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are fantastic Pip. I too have the book but haven't made any of the blocks yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these intricate little blocks! I also love you fabric/color choices and how you've placed them in these 2 stunning blocks. It's going to be such fun to follow your progress on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful blocks!! nice colour choise. I wish I had as much time as you to sew..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)