Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Some FW sowing

Seven rows (the other three are the bottom right hand corner, seen here ) which leaves me with eight rows left to make, ten blocks are already made so I'm slowly getting there.  I'm quite enjoying attaching the rows as I go, it seems to make the quilt grow quite quickly.


I also did a little bit of work on this, I used the turmeric dyed wool for the star shape, I'm following a pattern which was in a Homespun magazine (No. 60) for a Sue Spargo wallhanging called Red Clover (a version can be seen here, scroll down to the second photo).  I've just been doing a little bit on it each day, it's been too hot to spend much time working with wool, somehow it makes you feel hotter when you handle it.




7 comments:

  1. I am loving the FW quilt, what a strange way to put it together but better than waiting to piece it all together later.

    Pfft, this weather is horrible. So hot and windy here today, very tiring. We had better get rain soon!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your quilt looks so far. I haven't made a FW block in awhile, so maybe today is the day to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very smart idea to sew the blocks together as you go... I'm facing the sewing together of ALL the CW blocks as my next project... sure wish I had sewn them together as I went last year...

    Your FW blocks are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on your FW. I like the idea of sewing the rows together as you go

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your FW quilt is looking so AWESOME! I love seeing it up on your design wall!
    Your other quilt looks really pretty - wonderful progress on that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to try some Sue Spargo before the big workshop. Red Clover is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what size did you use for making your blocks? they look larger than mine that is why I ask. I put my blocks together as I went for both of my Dear Jane quilts and I was really glad - it made it go faster I think. For the Farmer's Wife I didn't because I thought I was going to make more blocks and then didn't!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)