Friday, 16 March 2012

PPPPPP

which means Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents Poor Performance, a hangover from my military days.



I spent a bit of time yesterday and today preparing a few blocks to take along to the Farmer's Wife sewing day tomorrow.  These blocks will be hand pieced, whereas most of the other blocks in my quilt are machine pieced., I think it will be nice to have some hand pieced blocks in my quilt and it is certainly easier to take along some little baggies and my sewing kit than to lug along my sewing machine.

I hope to finish at least two blocks tomorrow,  I'm setting the bar low as I imagine that there will be a fair bit of chatting and looking at each others work and of course it is being held in a quilting shop so I will definitely have to look at some fabrics as well.

4 comments:

  1. What a good idea to prep for the FW sewing day! And what a fun day tomorrow sounds like it will be... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your P P and P P P P. I got myself into such a state getting organised for my holiday, so I could hand applique. Took more effort than packing etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are having a wonderful day Pip! Such fun to sew with others!

    My kids learnt the 5Ps when they learnt to referee basketball!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)