Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Housework can't kill you, but why take the chance - Phyllis Diller 



Julianne  asked me yesterday how I found the time to tackle a Nearly Insane quilt with so many other projects on the go, and I told her that my time was pretty much my own, which means I can please myself what I do and when I do it.

We have a fairly structured life, I nearly always do my housework on a Wednesday, as that is the day when I have the least amount of time to sit and sew.  The Mister helps out by doing the vacuuming  and ironing (not that we have a lot of ironing, but it all helps).

 I usually pre-plan meals and we are both quite happy to eat the same thing a couple of days in a row, our biggest meal is usually lunch and we usually have a snack around 0530 (crackers and cheese, fresh, raw veges and fruit).   Pot-sticker dumplings are my favourite go-to meal when I've been so engrossed in sewing that I've forgotten about getting food ready.   In the time it takes to boil a pot of water to steam some vegetables, I can prepare the vegetables, heat the pan for the pot-stickers, then cook the vegetables and the pot-stickers and be eating in 10 minutes.


Here are two quotes that I have always liked:

There was no need to do any housework at all.  After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse - Quentin Crisp, The Naked Civil Servant, 1968

My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance - Erma Bombeck



4 comments:

  1. I, too, like to sweep the room with a glance... *LOL*

    Love the backs of your blocks... very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good quote that gives me any excuse to sew!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Pip!

    my pot stickers are things I've burnt.... because I got so engrossed with bloglurkijng that I forgot to check the stove :(

    Those pink stripes all matched up ....are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cleaning quotes Pip!
    I really love the precision in which you piece your blocks! The way you press open all those intersecting seams is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)