Thursday, 8 March 2012

Growth

All going well this part of the quilt will be completed quite soon, maybe this weekend.  The strip of pink and white fabric is being auditioned for a thin (1 inch wide)  border, I'm not convinced that it will work, it may be better as the binding.  



There is another wider (about 4 inches) border that I have yet to choose fabric for, I don't think I have enough of anything suitable in my stash, so I'm thinking that I will wait till all the hexagons are in place then I can tack a couple of strips of the pink fabric on,  take a trip to an LQS where I will have access to a wide range of fabrics.

7 comments:

  1. My goodness you are on a role with this one. Its looking so pretty. I just got Annette Gero's book from the library , so might get enthused again with this. Mine was looking really random where yours is beautifully ordered

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to looking fabulous Pip!
    Love all the blues and whites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks terrific, You are doing a very good job. I love all those blues, not sure on the pink border though

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really moving along on this quilt project! This quilt is going to be such a work of ART!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Look how much you have you have done ! Just love this quilt ! Just gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice new look to your Blog, Pip. Your Bloglist is very informative!...I've just been lurking :) The hexies have an ethereal quality... very soft and pretty.and fun to see on your design wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those hexi quilts. Mines too busy. Yours is very serene!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)