Saturday, 17 March 2012

Fun times

I was up bright and early this morning so I could get the laundry washed and hung out before heading out to the Farmer's Wife quilt-a-long at The Sewing Sanctuary.


we set up our sewing areas and we did a bit of sewing (and talking)

  
then we had a bit of show and tell, on the table (above)  are Karen's blocks made in lovely, bright, modern fabrics and behind is Sheila's finished (but not quilted) Farmer's Wife quilt made in William Morris fabrics (a better picture can be seen here) and below is Kay's Farmer's Wife Ponyclub Sampler quilt blocks, she has them safety pinned to a sheet and then it can just be folded or rolled up, a great idea for storing them.


we also had this nice coffee cake, and I may or may not have eaten a couple of those tiny chocolate biscuits.


and I also managed to make the following two blocks:


#84 - Spool

#3 - Basket

and now I'm really tired so I'm going to blob in front of the tv.

7 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great, and I bet you had a great time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a fun time!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look really good. The fabric matching for the blue lines in the "checked" fabric for the Basket block is amazing - you've earned yourself a double-lounge in front of the tv and chocolate too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a lovely day, so nice to spend time with like minded people. After seeing your "Seven Sisters" i spent the evening playing with shapes on graph paper... no rest for me tonight

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the two FW blocks you finished... they are fantastic!!!

    Glad you had a fun time... beautiful blocks, lots of yummies, and good friends... what could be better?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a full but invigorating day, Pip! Lovely blocks...lovely fabric! Basket handle is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that looks like fun! Sweet blocks - how big are they? I heard that the Farmers Wife's blocks are quite small or am I getting mixed up?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)