Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Working hard

finishing off the latest Just Takes 2 blocks for the first half of the month, only two this time, for which I am eternally grateful.  Both blocks were a little fiddly and took a bit of time, they were paper foundation pieced 

halfway through the 12 1/2" block

I lay all the pattern and fabric pieces out on some batting so I can keep track of everything, even then I sometimes sew things together the wrong way around.


the two completed blocks

I finished sewing the binding, hanging sleeve and label on this sweet little quilt about half an hour ago, I really enjoyed quilting with the perle thread, the one drawback with using a thicker thread such as this, is that knots are a bit hard to hide, I usually pull mine through the fabric, but bigger knots make bigger holes, so as this quilt is very small, I managed to pull the thread through from each side.


 12 Days of Christmas quilt from Temucula Quilt Co

and last but not least I have been working on Flower Garden, you can see my latest block over here at Kim McLean Down Under

5 comments:

  1. mmmm you have been busy, such a lovely sampling of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great little quilt...I'm 'thinking' about doing the Take 2 quilt...I can see why you laid them out on batting first...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy lovely red and white blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you were a blue gal?
    These red blocks are very sparkly with the snowflakes. More marvellous meticulous stitching from Pip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. red & white---my fave combo! was going to join in the just takes 2 but you know i need to do some finishing around here lol.
    will live vicariously through your lovely work in the mean time, Pip!
    H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)