Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Phascolarctos cinereus

more commonly known as the koala paid us a visit early this morning.  Again it was the same scenario described in this blog post except this time Cody wasn't quite so nervous as he spent quite a bit of time watching the visitor in the tree.  The koala didn't stay long this time - about three hours, before climbing down and walking around the side of the house to the neighbour's trees.


having a morning nap


look at those claws... (not to mention the big mouth as well)


taking a walk ...


where shall I go to now?

9 comments:

  1. OMG - I would NOT like to meet him, but he is cute at a distance - WOW those claws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures you post of your yard visitor. It's a beautiful animal, but you've pointed out good reasons to keep your distance from him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet face on that first picture. I cannot imagine having a koala in my yard. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a well fed Koala, must be good tucker around your place! I see that eucalypts aren't shady enough for a nap on a hot day but the cedar tree is just right :). Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully he/she keeps off the road! Thought the title of your post was some sort of disease :) Cute visitor to have in your backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart is melting. Lucky you to see this icon regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has he made much noise?
    We have them regularly at the beach house and at first I thought there was a bear on the loose. Amazing the voice that comes out of such a sleepy being!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so envious of you seeing a koala (again). These are wonderful photos!! I love the last one. That fur looks so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pip, I showed Alice and Arlo this today and they were very impressed! They said you are lucky to have visitors like this. I was impressed they both knew straight away what it was and that Alice began reading your blog.

    Take Care

    Ed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)