Thursday, 23 February 2012

Finally finished

Some of you may remember this shirt from April, last year.... it didn't get finished back then.  For some reason I put it away in the cupboard, maybe it was the thought of doing the button holes :(


I pulled it out of the cupboard on Tuesday afternoon, finished the sleeves off, then yesterday I marked the button holes, read my sewing machine manual, made four practise button holes and then did the ones on the shirt itself, then I shortened the length and hemmed it.... all finished and it probably only took me an hour all up, I could have been wearing it ages ago if I hadn't procrastinated about finishing it off.


9 comments:

  1. How pretty! I have a scrap of that fabric and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous shirt! Congrats on finishing it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Pip, and I love the fabric. I remember when you posted the picture previously. I'm like you in that I just do not like making buttonholes, so have avoided them for a long time. My machine is just like yours, and I hear they are much easier to make on the Janome, than on my old Singer ~ I just have to try it one of these days:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats.It`s very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, i had been eyeing it off, thinking you didn't like it anymore and we could chop it up for the quilts.
    Its lovely and i hope you wear it down next week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shirt. I do things like that, and when you get back to it, it's usually so easy.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, enjoy wearing it...I'm not that keen on buttonholes either, not enough practise I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you remembered to finish it (cos its gorgeous) and didnt let it morph over to the Flower Garden Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hand made shirt looks really wonderful! Very pretty pattern and fabric! Congrats on getting it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)