Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Up to date

with the JT2 blocks for this month.  It's going to be very interesting to see how all the blocks will be set into the quilt, we have to wait till sometime in March when we will be able to get instructions on how to put one section of the quilt together.  The finished size without borders will be 72 x 90 inches, so it will be quite a big quilt.


So far the blocks have been 6, 9 and 12 inches and I believe there will be some 3 inch blocks as well, I'm nearly out of the solid red fabric, it is providing a good contrast to the patterned fabrics, and gives a place to rest the eye on when looking at the blocks as a whole.



5 comments:

  1. They look lovely Pip - did the house go smoothly? The solid red is a good tip, I think I'll see if I can hunt out a piece to include in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks. I can't wait to see how it all fits together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pip, I love your blocks. I wanted to start this one but have not yet found time to do so. Have though printed the patterns, now that is a start LOL
    Yours are looking very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks Pip!
    I love your fabric choices too!
    Too funny - we both had a similar idea to combine fabrics in block #4
    Can't wait to see your blocks all sewn into a section come March!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red and white look fantastic together...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)