Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Yum!!!

White Chocolate Gingerbread biscuits (or cookies if you prefer) were delicious with a glass of cold milk, so good in fact that we ate most of them yesterday.



The recipe can be found here on Susan's blog, I came across it while reading this post on Quiltsalott.
 I made a half recipe using:

  •  225g (4 oz) of butter instead of shortening,
  • I weighed the flour (250g),
  •  used a large egg, 
  • substituted treacle for molasses (44ml - approximately 2 Australian tablespoons, although I just guesstimated when I measured it out) 
  • and used 1 cup of white chocolate chips/morsels
  • and halved the amounts for the spices, baking soda and salt
With the half recipe I made 30 biscuits (heaped teaspoons of mix), be warned the uncooked mixture is quite nice to eat and this may change the recipe yield :)

3 comments:

  1. Pip, thanks for passing that recipe along - yum! And thanks for commenting yesterday on my post. Would love to see a CW quilt made out of blocks similar to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh..they look tempting..your quilt blocks look great together..nearly there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pip, thanks for another year of quilt (and cooking) inspiration. Those cookies look mmmmm mmmmm good. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)