Saturday, 24 December 2011

One sleep to go

Last week pottering round trying to decide what to do, I thought maybe I should tidy up my sewing room a bit, so I started half heartedly to clear my cutting table. I didn't get very far ...


I then moved on to cleaning my sewing machine, I can't have done it for some time judging by the amount of fluff that was extracted from under the bobbin case, the toothpick wasn't in there, that's just for a size comparison.


Moving on from the sewing machine (now clean and dust free), I discovered the makings for this little quilt.  I had made one block back in May and had cut out all the fabric pieces and put it in a box to keep it tidy, and there it sat slowly being covered up by various other things.


So in the spirit of tidying up, I decided that I would finish it off, completely forgetting that I had planned to make all the little quilts and then use them to make one big quilt, it doesn't matter really as I'm happy with the small quilt.  I was going to FMQ it but decided that big stitch hand quilting with perle cotton would look nicer.

My sewing room is still a mess, but what the heck,  I'm happy.

7 comments:

  1. looks great...Merry Christmas, Pip, have a lovely day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Pip! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute block! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas, Pip! You can work on tidying up your cutting table next year...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little quilt is adorable and I love the colors. The fabric is so cheery and bright. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous little quilt...love finding treasures hiding in the sewing room...

    ReplyDelete
  7. much more fun to sew than tidy up, 'tho i am sure your machine will thank you for the de-fluffing" I wondered what had happened to that little quilt, it turned out very sweet. wishing you and your family all the Joy of the Season

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)