Tuesday, 29 November 2011

So far, so good ...

I've start putting together the Civil War quilt, one row yesterday and another row today, everything is matching up reasonably well so I'm happy.  I decided to put the blocks together in the order that they are in on the Civil War Quilts blog, (thanks for that idea Sheila) it has made it quite simple to put together.


I changed my mind about using a grey sashing and went with this grey with a tiny red flower on it and I'm going to use a Barbara Brackman Civil War Reunion stripe (below) for the border, it was the one the Mister chose from a couple of others that I auditioned (it was the one I preferred too)


I think I will spend the next couple of weeks putting the rest of the blocks together, that way it won't take long to finish off once the last few blocks have been made, although I might spend a bit of time making some Farmer's Wife blocks this weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Wow Pip, your quilt is going to be stunning. I love your sashing and the corner stones are perfect. I agree with the Mister on choice of border fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bright and sparkly effect Pip. The high contrast with this new fabric choice for sashing is just perfect. I love the flowing vine for the border...clever Mister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt. The sashing strips and cornerstones really work to bring it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Pip you work fast. Your quilt is looking great, I love your sashing and corner stones. I think you made a good choice of border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sashing. It's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great, and is going to be a stunner when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh... I love it! The darker sashing looks great with your blocks... and I love all the different cornerstones too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Pip. It really looks great with those posts and the sashing.Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)