Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Civil War Quilt

I laid out all my Civil War Quilts  blocks yesterday to see how they looked en masse.  I've decided to keep them in the order that they were presented to us in the Civil War Quilts blog.  I'm hoping to start the sashing sometime in the next month or so, that's if I don't get sidetracked with the Farmer's Wife :)


This is block 45 - Port and Starboard, I found it a fairly easy block to make as I just made 3" Half Square Triangles and then trimmed them back to the required size, laid them out in the correct order and then sewed them together, a bit of careful pressing and I had a nice accurate block.


8 comments:

  1. Those blocks look great en masse! And those colors too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you decide on your sashing yet?. The blocks look as they are playing nicely together. This weeks block is lovely and seems perfectly pieced

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to lay them out. What an achievement. The Port and Starboard block is very graphic and beautifully pieced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh It is so nice to see the all together. This weeks block looks perfect and beautiful colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it exciting to see all your blocks together like that? I love your latest block... it will look wonderful with its friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way your blocks look together. They're going to make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lot of beautiful blocks. They are going to make a great quilt someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful blocks! Oh, I also want to sew this quilt...someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)