Monday, 28 November 2011

Almost heaven, West Virginia

Blue Ridge mountains, Shenandoah River,
Life is old there, older than the trees,
Younger than the mountains, growin' like a breeze

John Denver - Take me home, Country Roads

as soon as I saw the block (called West Virginia) for this week in the Civil War Quilts blog, this song started in my head and it stayed with me the rest of the day, nothing like an earworm is there? I've had worse songs stuck in my head though so it wasn't too bad.


Block 46 - West Virginia

9 comments:

  1. Lovely block, Pip... the center print is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same to me: at once I thought of this song!! And once again: your block is really lovely, I saw it on flickr before!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog post title did it to me! (The song!) I like that song though. Like the block too. Those fabrics are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your block is beautiful. I'm anxious to get do this one. West Virginia is my home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Boy, now I'm singing it too! Great lot of blocks Pip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to wait for the song to finish in my head before I could read past the lyrics *LOL*...definitely an improvement on the McGyver theme earworm I had a couple of weeks ago (why? I don't know and it drove me nuts!)...nice block, looking forward to seeing how your quilt top comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that song and your block too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your block, the middle is so pretty, I also see some beautiful blocks for your Farmer's Wife Quilt.
    And that song I do like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh I love the centre part of this block. Just love the fabrics:)

    HUGGLES
    Lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)