Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Top left hand corner

This is how my Farmer's Wife is looking now, as I had finished the blocks that went in this corner I decided to start assembling it, so far so good, although I found it pays to take care with the 1/4" seam allowance and with pressing seams, otherwise there will be a bit of reverse sewing taking place :)


I really love the fabrics I've used for the sashing, setting triangles and corner stones, they are:

La Petite Ecole - Dots - Stone Red  is the sashing fabric and Fa La La La La - Rouge is used for the setting triangles and corner stones - both French General fabrics.

9 comments:

  1. Your fabric chices are really wonderful! Love those sashings and cornerstones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to see it coming together.....makes the heart skip a beat.
    (Blocks stacked up and hiding in a box not so exciting)
    Love that subtle Fa La La La, with the sashing dots.
    Did you chose these sashes and stones before fabrics for the blocks??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My goodness, this is going to be a glorious quilt, The sashing and setting triangles are so bold, but works so beautifully with the busy prints

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is looking great- love the sashing and triangles..

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! The fabrics and colors have such a country french look and are so bright and cheerful. The fabrics remind me of a French interior design line called Pierre Deux - such a classic look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pip you blog is one of my most fav blogs I love to visit.

    Your stunning fabric choices for the FW quilt are awesome.

    I am being strong and no starting my FW quilt until after Christmas. Too many presents to make..lol

    HUGGLES
    Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant fabric choices, they look so good. This is building to be an outstanding quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're already putting it together?? Good grief, Pip...putting me to shame on yet another project. LOL
    Lovely sashing, beautiful cornerstones & half triangles....another beauty in the making. ;)

    Happy Sewing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)