Thursday, 20 October 2011

Sowing along

on more blocks for my Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt.  Even though these blocks are 6 inches they still take a bit of time to put together and because some of them have quite a mix of colours you have to keep your mind on the job, otherwise disaster may strike.

I started #43 Garden Path yesterday and finished it off today.  Tuesday and Thursday are my main sewing days during the week because I know I can spend the entire day sewing.  Wednesday is the day I do my housework, (such as it is) and I generally have part of the afternoon free for sewing until I go to work, so I never plan on finishing anything on a Wednesday.

.

#43 Garden Path


#13 Buckwheat

I sneaked a little bit of CW reproduction fabric into this block, I think it has worked quite well.

8 comments:

  1. great work Pip, I think the "Garden Path" caught a few people out (possibly even yours truly) You managed the inset seam skillfully.The civil war fabric works well as your dark in "Buckwheat"
    You'll have to think of a name for it that combines the French and Civil War fabrics:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bees on the cyclone fence buzzing around the nectar of your colourful flowery blocks. Such crisp photography gives us such a lovely insight into your fabrics. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them and I love to hear about your week too. I'd love to spend all day every day sewing, but it doesn't work out like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice blocks... and the CW fabric is perfect for that block! Great choice...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the 'buckwheat' block Pip.
    All looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a knack for fabric choices ~ they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are looking great. I'm amazed at how much sewing you get done in a week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)