Friday, 14 October 2011

Recent acquisitions

Today I had a day out with my quilting friend Sheila, we met up at Gallery M in Marion to see Dare to Differ  - an exhibition of contemporary quilts which is open until 23 October 2011.  I didn't take any photos but you can see some of the exhibits on Suzanne Gummow's blog  here and here.  It was quite interesting looking at all the art quilts and seeing the variety of textiles and methods that were used in the construction of these art quilts.

We followed our viewing with coffee, cake and chat in the very convenient cafe which was next door to Gallery M, then decided to visit a couple of quilt shops to finish off our day out.  Needless to say we both bought a few pieces of fabric, some of mine will find their way into the Flower Garden quilt  and others into the Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt.



I also found time before meeting up this morning to get myself some new walking shoes, which so far seem very comfortable, although I am just wearing them round the house before I give them a good workout tomorrow.


3 comments:

  1. I had a lovely day PIp, thanks for the company. Look forward to our next outing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect day. I like your fabric and your shoes look very comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I haven't been to Dare to Differ for years! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)