Sunday, 9 October 2011

Pressed into submission

The Civil War Quilts block for this week was a five pointed star and it also had inset seams as well.  I didn't have a problem with the inset seams, but my star ended up quite puffy, so I pressed it and then starched and pressed it again - result a flat star, although it may not stay like that, I may have to resort to some sneaky stitching to hold it there.


This is something that I've been working on for a couple of weeks, I thought I might have finished it yesterday, but the glue was taking a while to dry before I could progress to the next part so it will have to wait till tomorrow to be completed.


and finally another gratuitous cat photo, Cody loves to eat grass for some reason (not to make himself sick either) so I bought him a punnet of wheat grass from the market a week or so ago, I don't think he is too impressed with it.


Not amused at all, I'm a cat not a cow!!!

6 comments:

  1. your block looks great, i hope it stays flat for you.
    I'm interested to see what you did with that strange parcel
    and there is no pleasing some cats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That strange parcel looks like a cocoon. There must be a beautiful butterfly inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The block looks great; very pretty fussy cutting. I can't imagine what your little rolled package is, but I look forward to finding out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your block looks great, Pip! Mine is sorta mounded in the center and it doesn't stay down after I press it... but I'm thinking that stretched out and quilted it will be flatter! At least I hope so...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some cats just like eating grass - Zebby is the same and gets annoyed when the "mowing" man has visited with his line trimmer. I may need to grow a container of normal grass inside to keep the peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep - definitely cat!
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)