Sunday, 16 October 2011

A pieceful weekend

The Civil War block this week was a delightfully simple block to make after the previous two weeks blocks.  when I saw it last night on the Civil War Quilts blog I had the fleeting thought that I could make the block before I went to bed, instead I went and pulled a couple of fabrics that I thought would work so I could get straight into making the block in the morning.


The other blocks that kept me occupied over the weekend were some of the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt (FWSQ)  blocks, I made two yesterday and four today, they are very addictive to make.  So far I am liking my fabric choices and colours, the fabric underneath the blocks is the one I am considering using for the sashing along with red cornerstones.


7 comments:

  1. Your CW block looks great, that yellow is very striking and I love your FW blocks, the fabrics are gorgeous - are they 30's type fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The FW blocks look great pip, keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new CW block. You're right; it's nice to have a simple one for a change. Your FW blocks look great. They'll make a stunning quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on "H" is for Hospital, and i think i warned you of the addictive nature of the Farmers wife. Heheheh
    The breath of Avignon range (and friends)is perfect. Are you going to sash as you go? For me I think it helps to sash at least the left side so i remember which side is "up" when setting on point

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your FWSQ blocks remind me that I have always felt that quilting is like painting with fabric ~ beautiful Pip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue..it adds such a sparkle and I like the variation in intensity of patterns. Points are perfect... are they foundation pieced? Lovely blocks Pip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress on your farmers wife quilt and civil war blocks. I just love the colours you are using.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)