Sunday, 23 October 2011

I've had a quiet weekend ...

It was nice and warm yesterday so I spent most of the day reading outside and watching the birds in the garden.  Late in the afternoon I decided it would be nice to make a couple of Farmer's Wife blocks, these two fit the bill as I didn't need to think too hard about making them, although I had to remember to make sure the stripes in the Churn Dash were all going the same way.


#4 Basket Weave
This block looks a bit wonky but I think it is the photo as it measures up square.


#20 Churn Dash


Right Hand of Friendship

 The Civil War Quilts block this week gave me a bit of trouble, I couldn't seem to get some of the triangle units lined up properly, after the third attempt I gave up, and thought "finished is better than perfect".

It's been a nice ending to the weekend, the All Blacks have won the Rugby World Cup, there will be plenty of happy people in New Zealand tonight.


5 comments:

  1. sounds like a nice way to spend a weekend. The FWQS blocks are really nice. I know what you mean about sometimes needing something that doen't tax the mind too much. I love the CW block, a really great fabric combo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading outside and bird watching/listening = wonderful way to spend the day. Add a little sewing and you've got the perfect day, imho!

    Love your FW blocks... and your CW block turned out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great way to spend the day. (We also spent a good portion of the day outdoors.) Love the blocks, and you're right; 3 times is enough and done IS better than perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Patriotic colours in the RH of F Pip. I love the subtle warm reds and deep navy and think the block must be deceptively hard if you had trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, just exquisite :) I can't even tell that they're not perfect, they sure look perfect to me!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)