Thursday, 13 October 2011

It's arrived ...

my new book - The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt which of course I'm now itching to start, but I think I'll need to read through it and make a bit of a plan with my fabrics before I dive in.


On Monday, I received my copy of Patches (the bi-monthly magazine of the Quilters' Guild of South Australia) and read that they have formed a sub-committee who are all busy making blocks for this quilt.  They are planning to start a blog or a Facebook page to share what they are doing and are also planning a sit-and-sew day next year.

8 comments:

  1. What a fun new project! It is always so much more festive to start on a big project with lots of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my book a few weeks ago, and I've started acquiring the fabric I want, but I don't think I should start it until I've finished at least one more project. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the book, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Pip, I know i am going to envy your bright "Breath of Avignon" (and friends) I may just have to do another. You will enjoy these blocks i am sure, but be warned they can be addictive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pip! .....Civil War, Dear Jane, KimMcL and now F's Wife. What are you going to schedule for fridays? I am awed by your productivity and your perfection. Have fun..cant wait to see it being created by you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so much fun to make something "with" others! I have seen the book around heaps since reading of your plans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting... I've been tempted to do FW but just can't seem to commit... I think I'll just go along for the ride and admire your progress!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh you'll have fun with this Pip. I started my blocks in the summer and then stopped while it was school summer holidays. I need to get back to making them soon as I was really enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I havemanage dto resist this book so far but I don't know for how much longer...will be interested to see your colour choices

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)