Monday, 24 October 2011

The centre of Dear Jane

I finished this block (G7 - Indianapolis)  today, it is my third attempt, I wanted to get it right because it is the centre of the quilt therefore, a bit of a focal point. I foundation paper pieced the strips but used wider pieces of fabric than required and trimmed back to the correct size once I had completed them, I appliqued each quarter then joined it all up, trying to match up all the seams.


These are my other two efforts, I made these in a different fabric which may have contributed to my problems as it was a lighter weight compared with the batik I used for the third attempt.

 
Both these blocks look slightly squashed on one side



While reading Dawn's blog yesterday I saw her post about the new shared blog Janiac's Unite which Vicki and Dawn have started very recently, I promptly hopped over and joined, it's going to be a great way to encourage each other on the Dear Jane journey.

6 comments:

  1. third time lucky, you "nailed "it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty block, I do like your fabric. And thanks for the link, One can never see to many DJ blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed your Janiac button. Cute!
    Guess it Rhymes with Maniac :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3rd time lucky! You got it right that time.
    I was going to point you over to Janiac's Unite, but you have already been.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that fabric choice for the blocks. It looks just like clouds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)