I finished this block (G7 - Indianapolis) today, it is my third attempt, I wanted to get it right because it is the centre of the quilt therefore, a bit of a focal point. I foundation paper pieced the strips but used wider pieces of fabric than required and trimmed back to the correct size once I had completed them, I appliqued each quarter then joined it all up, trying to match up all the seams.
These are my other two efforts, I made these in a different fabric which may have contributed to my problems as it was a lighter weight compared with the batik I used for the third attempt.
Both these blocks look slightly squashed on one side
While reading Dawn's blog yesterday I saw her post about the new shared blog Janiac's Unite which Vicki and Dawn have started very recently, I promptly hopped over and joined, it's going to be a great way to encourage each other on the Dear Jane journey.