Saturday, 24 September 2011

What do you think?

I gave in and made the first block and I'm really happy with how the background fabric looks.  The background fabric is Michael Miller - Petals of Antiquity in Dove Gray and the red fabric is Kona Cotton in Ruby. I'm using Aurifil Mako' Ne 50/2 for the piecing.

This block was paper foundation pieced and this time around I remembered to mirror it so everything is going in the same direction as the original block.


A1 - Pinwheel Gone Awry
28 pieces

12 comments:

  1. Oh Pip, its even more beautiful than i thought it woud be. Now i wonder what it will look like with a print .... just saying :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a STUNNING block, Pip! Wow, wow, wow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful block! I love the color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, absolutely stunning! Great background choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely block love the combination of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting background Pip. Looks like storm clouds.
    I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such crisp sewing Pip. Its going to be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great- love the fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah - the background fabric is perfect, I love it. How exciting - starting a new DJ. You are so brave.

    Happy stitching,

    ReplyDelete
  10. How great is that Michael Miller fabric! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww...You have made a start. Lovely block. Going to be different - lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. backtracking tryin to find your finished jane... this block is spectacular! This is the new one you're making? love love love the bkgd. fabric. can't wait to follow this one's progress as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)