Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Mail call...

Not one but two parcels yesterday,


about three weeks ago I ordered the background fabric for my planned Rainbow Dear Jane, after the little drama with the background fabric on my first one, I was going to make sure that I didn't run out this time.  Paul Rubin from Equilter was very helpful in answering my questions about the availability of my chosen fabric and then once I had placed my order I was able to track it's progress through the postal system.


Now it's here and I'm itching to cut into it and make just one block (the centre block) to see how it looks, although I really should wait until I finish off my first Dear Jane.

My second parcel was a pack of Charm Squares I received from Lucky at Stitch Selection.  Remember when I made all the owls, well, Lucky and Amanda  decided to have a prize draw for the people that contributed Huggles for Ethiopia and I was one of the lucky recipients.


I have a couple of ideas chasing around in my head about what I might make with these charm squares but nothing that is definite yet.  In the meantime they will be keeping company with the rest of my stash.


6 comments:

  1. There isn't anything quite as fun as receiving packages in the mail... especially when the packages contain fabrics!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely mail you got Pip. The backing fabric is gorgeous. And I'm sure you'll think of something great for the charm squares too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I would like to see just one block made with the new fabric, too. Beautiful charm pack also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of fabric - lovely, dimensional. That will be so interesting to see in the blocks !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always get so thrilled when the postman handles me a parcel, books, fabrics, - I just love it.
    I think you made a great choice of fabric, very interesting. I would love to see one block, please don't wait, remember, "Life is today".
    Love your charm pack.

    Happy stitching

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those owls were so amazing.... and generous of you so.....you deserve the goodies!
    Hope you arent too scared to cut into all that glorious fabric. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)