Wednesday, 14 September 2011

I don't seem

to have much to post about these days....

I finished a Flower Garden block which you can read about on the Kim McLean Down Under blog and I also finished this Civil War Quilts  block on Sunday, it's a version of Confederate Rose, the original block has more pieces than this one.


After I'd made the block I thought it was time to try some sashing fabrics with a few of the blocks.  On the Civil War Flickr group there are a lot of sashing ideas but in the end I've decided to go for something fairly simple and by using cornerstones I can use up some of those pesky little bits of fabric I have floating around.


On another note if you sent me an email or commented last week and I haven't replied it's because I accidentally deleted ALL my emails in my Gmail account, I now know a lot more about using my Gmail account that's for sure and I won't be making that mistake again and I will be archiving my important emails in future.

8 comments:

  1. Nice job on your Confederate Rose block... love the fabrics! I like the "simpler" border... need to let the blocks shine. Haven't decided on the color for the sashing but leaning towards red...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling about posting blog entries- sometimes it seems to flow so well in my head but other times not so well- went to fix something in my comment before and then ended up deleting it so I can understand your frustration with what happened to your emails... so have had to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of your blocks with the sashing and cornerstones. I'm still trying to decide on a color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see your post pop up in our Dashboard ! And more pretty blocks... good going. We've noticed the sun swinging 'round to the South so hopefully spring is coming soon down there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice, Pip! And thanks for the tip quite a few weeks ago about my blog/post and changing from Compose to HTML - it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY pretty block Pip!
    I'm still undecided on my sashing - but I DO like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blocks and the sashing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)