Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Humming along slowly here

I've set a schedule for myself, in the morning I quilt my Dear Jane and in the afternoon I work on a Flower Garden block.  So far it is working well, I can usually get one block quilted and sometimes start another depending on how many interruptions happen :)


I've also started planning my Rainbow Jane, I haven't finished my colouring in yet, and it's really just to get an idea of the colour flow.  The next step is to start selecting fabrics, lay them out and see how they look.  I will probably cut small swatches and move them around on a printout similar to the one above and then when I'm happy with how they look I'll glue them down, I could do this on the Dear Jane software but I prefer to do it this way.

9 comments:

  1. Have been reading through your Dear Jane posts and I have to say that I adore your blue quilt. So beautiful!
    Are you really starting another one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm....I would probably struggle to get the colouring in done...let alone an actual DJ quilt...and this will be your second one......I bow to your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that motion... I am dizzy just looking at it! Awesome indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome.. the word of the day. I really like this layout. Good luck with sticking to your schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Setting a schedule is probably a good idea- something I could think about doing perhaps!! You have been busy woth your Civil War blocks and now another Dear Jane, WOW! Your last post title certainly grabbed the attention till I saw it was just the laptop....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are on a roll!.... so prolific...can it be that new tidy studio stirring the creative juices? AND a new Pip photo too! You must be good at spring cleaning....your quilting journey appears very organised. Love looking at your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your preliminary "dear Jane" plan looks amazing. My Folks had a big "pin each block's pieces for each block" up in their spare room a few years back when dear Mum was making a huge quilt, colour graduated for her eldest nephew"s wife.

    I came to stay in the middle of it all and had to carefully open the spare room's wardrobe to get at my clothes so i didn't upset the multicoloured "mosiac".

    I expect your colourful Dear Jane will be at least as good as that quilt was.

    Hope The Mister is walking okay now, sending love and care to you each and both, and special scritches to Cody,

    Michelle and "ol Zebby Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - are you really planning another DJ? Good for you, I love your blue one. I didn't know you could do this on the DJ software but I like how you plan your color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would think it would be difficult to quilt Dear Jane blocks. Some blocks are so thick with seams.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)