Sunday, 28 August 2011

Nearly

a month has gone by since I last posted (sounds like the start of a confession). Thank you everyone for your emails and kind comments on my previous post, I haven't been spending too much time on the internet lately so I have quite a lot of catching up on blog reading to do over the next few days.

The Mister's knee replacement went well, although I think his expectations of a quick recovery were a bit too optimistic, slow and steady is the best way for him to progress.   I had planned to spend a bit of time sewing while the Mister was in hospital but with trips to the hospital and work, I found I was too tired to do much at all, although I did manage to finish off a quilt for my mother.



My sister and I gave my sewing room a much needed tidy-up
(this is the before picture)


Cody helped to test the quilt for snuggliness


The finished quilt

7 comments:

  1. Lovely to have you back in blogland! Hope your Mister recovers well and will enjoy the benefits of the knee surgery. Well done on the quilt, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad The Mister's recovery is coming along well and that you're back into a more typical routine. Love that quilt... it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you back. I'm glad to hear that your hubby is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you are back! This is gorgeous ~ I love the colors and shading. We have survived Irene...it has been a very hectic weekend. Best wishes to your husband for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, knee replacements are so terribly ouch! Hope he is doing well. I love your quilt. It is beautiful! I have had a similar month blogwise. Nice to see you in the blogosphere again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I borrow your sister please??????
    Love the quilt. The blues make it sparkle....welcome back to blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Mom's quilt turned out wonderful! Glad to hear the Mister is recovering well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)