Monday, 29 August 2011

Finished sewing room tour

I spent more time in my sewing room today, just making labels for various containers and doing a bit more moving around of furniture and now I think I'm finished.


My craft table, I can drop the ends (1 and 2) down if I need more space but I quite like this current set-up.  I have a pressing board which I'm now using instead of an ironing board, when I don't need it, I just slide it behind the craft table which keeps it out of the way.  

I'm going to get a few more stackable drawers like the ones arrowed, they will be useful for storing fabric scraps (strips and charm squares) instead of my current system (crammed into a box)


I have my sewing table set up like this so that when I'm sewing large quilts I can rest the bulk of the fabric on the desk behind, at the moment I'm resting my Dear Jane quilt on it. Cody is resting in his usual spot by the window, surprisingly he appears to have no interest in resting on the DJ quilt.


My fabric stash which my sister Jenny folded and sorted for me (it's still quite tidy Jenny) I've found it much easier to make fabric choices when I have it right in front of me.  To the left are a couple of plastic storage boxes which contain fabrics for the Flower Garden quilt  (1) and the Rainbow DJ (2) 


7 comments:

  1. Nice "after" pics! I had a big clean up a couple of weeks ago...it's nice to work in a tidy space again! Love the quilt you made for your Mum! ...and glad the Mister's knee replacement went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on cleaning up and organizing your sewing room! Looks wonderful... and makes me want to tackle my sewing room... *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look's good Pip, maybe you can have ago at mine when you come down. HeHeHe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! I love a tidy room, so inspiring! I love that you have your stash on show too. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have had a busy time of late- good to hear that all went well- like the photos of your sewing area, it is so organised.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOoooh. Thats a modest stash. I assumed you'd be wallowing in fabric with so many lovely quilts on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your sewing room looks fantastic Pip! and that view looks lovely to stare out to when you are procrastinating, not that you do, but I would :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)