Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Been a bit quiet here lately ...

mainly because I have been otherwise occupied,  the Mister is spending a week in hospital (routine surgery - a knee replacement) and all the prior preparation hasn't left me with a great deal of time to do anything much at all.  I think my blogging will probably be rather sporadic for the next month or so, although I do hope that I can complete a few things here and there and blog about them as well.

In the meantime I have managed to finish my version of this little wall hanging (Garden Delight from Gail Pan - scroll down a little bit) which was one of the patterns from Inspired Stitches 2011 (the stitching weekend run by Sarah from Quilt Fabric Delights)


I put the finishing touches to it this afternoon, I didn't have to buy any fabric for this project, there was plenty in my stash and I have to say that it looks really lovely against the brickwork outside the front door.


12 comments:

  1. The fabrics you used look great where you have it- it must feel good to be able to use stash fabrics! Hope all goes well and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done Pip, looks really nice, wish the Mister well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little quilt is just beautiful!
    Wishing the Mister a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors of the little wall hanging, and I hope the Mister has a quick uneventful recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes to your Mister for an uneventful recovery! Your wall hanging turned out lovely... and made more so by your not having to buy fabrics to make it! I love shopping my stash and scrap bins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute wall hanging and using your stash fabric makes it all the more sweeter. Urrrrrrr sick hubby you will be on 24 hour nursing duties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love that wall hanging! I was wondering what you would do with the block/flower pictured previously. Love your fabric choices!!! Sorry about your Mister. My sister and husband have both gone through that ~ ouch. Hopefully when he heals, he won't have any more pain. Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes for a quick healing process for your mister!

    Watching your DJ quilting progress is inspirational and may get me moving. It's warm here so I expect when the weather changes, that will help, too.

    Happy Stitching,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're catching up....This is so cute ! Love the border you chose, and it certainly is perfect against the brickwork. Re knee replacement, there seems to be a lot of that going around ! My 85-year-old mother-in-law had one last year and she is now better than ever. I suspect you will have your hands full, the surgery is routine but the recovery is no picnic the first few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty wall hanging, nice colors. Best wishes to your Mister for good recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pip, Hope your mister is recovering well and that you have found a bit of time for your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your Mister is getting on okay and being a good patient. I do not envy the poor guy.
    Hasn't the weather been shocking the last few days. We nearly got blown off the planet these past few days!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)