Thursday, 21 July 2011

Playing

I spent part of today back basting fabric onto my next Flower Garden block. I'm trying different ways of applique to see which one I like best and which gives the best result.  After a while I decided I needed a break so I browsed through a few blogs and came across this post on the Molly Flanders blog so then I thought I could make that this afternoon before I go to work .... so I did.


I sewed my door, windows and stitchery before sewing the little house together, the whole thing took me about an hour to make, a nice little break from the back basting.

9 comments:

  1. That is the cutest little house ever! Love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that!!! I'm seeing an entire village of little houses...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really sweet, A pincushion, a hug-able or a toy for Cody??
    It's just the sort of project my granddaughters would love, I'll have to check out the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sweet! It's so nice to make something quick and beautiful. Makes you feel like you've accomplished something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Pip...Love it... wish my house looked liek that..LOL
    Hugs Dawn x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That house is really cute!! Thank you for the link.
    Are you going to make some more?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it's a pincushion, but what a wonderful little toy for a child! Imagination could really run wild with this. What a neat idea, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a sweet little house. How are you liking the back basting? I tried it on my hearts and flowers centre and liked it but had to draw a line where the stitches were as they didn't make a big enough hole for me to see when I took them out! I would do it again though...but with a bigger needle perhaps or thicker thread.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute playing a quick project is a good project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)