Thursday, 14 July 2011

Hot off the sewing machine

It's been nearly a week since I last posted and this is the only thing that I've finished (and that was just five minutes ago)  It's number 28 from the Civil War Quilts blog, I have numbers 27, 26 and 25 still to make.


Next Door Neighbour

I'm not entirely happy with my fabric choices, looking at the photo I instantly think "too much red" and the layout isn't correct either, so after I have caught up with the other blocks I think I'll have another attempt at it.

I forgot, I did work on a couple of other things but you will have to go over to the Kim McLean Down Under blog to see what else I've been up to lately.




4 comments:

  1. Wow, that was quick, I think it looks just fine, love the reds. Thanks for a lovely day today, I got home, sat down and fell asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the reds... I used a lot of reds in this block as well and, when I put it on the design wall with the other blocks... it looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you seem rather busy to us... Kim McLean applique blocks look very time consuming. How many projects are in the works? These reds are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you were a busy quilter....but had no idea! First, congrats on the second blog. I'm super excited for you!!

    Second, when I saw the photo of your block on blogger dashboard, I thought great fabric choices!

    Maybe this one will grow on you....I like it.
    Happy Stitching,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)