Wednesday, 27 July 2011

A bit more progress

on my Dear Jane quilting, I must admit that I'm finding it hard to stop  now that I've started again.  I don't have any set design for the quilting, I just look at the block for a bit and think about different lines, and this is what happens.


Below are one third of the blocks for another scrappy quilt that I am making, hoping to make more progress on this over the weekend.  I'm keeping the door to my sewing room closed because Cody seems to have a liking for these blocks and as I already have the unsewn ones laid out ready for sewing together I don't want him to rearrange them yet again.


8 comments:

  1. I like what you're doing with the quilting on your Jane, I've never hand quilted but I like the soft look of it. The scrappy blocks are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to see the hand quilting on Dear Jane coming along (we've been so curious)! Does the quilting of each block take as long as the piecing did?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see that you're quilting your Dear Jane, and look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Pip~ I wish you lived "next door" so I could watch you in action....I love how the scrappy quilt is working out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I love everything in this post! That scrappy quilt is going to be just beautiful. As I have been unpacking I have come across a whole bunch a scraps and I have decided that there is a scrappy quilt or two in my future. Yours is inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pip - I really like your approach to quilting each Jane block.
    This one looks FABULOUS!

    Your scrappy blocks are coming along very nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Dear Jane is looking good, love the hand quilting.
    Your scrappy quilt looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOUR Dear Jane block is so perfectly pieced and the quilting compliments it ...doesnt distract. I want to touch its softness. Blown away by your skills.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)