Saturday, 11 June 2011

Jenny’s quilt

A little while ago I finished a quilt for my sister Jenny, she received it this week so as I have only shown little glimpses of the quilt I thought it was time to show the completed quilt, front and back. 
IMG_5689
front
IMG_5692
back
This quilt was made from a quilt kit that I bought from Ballarat Patchwork called Kaffe Fassett Squares.  The green fabric that I used on the backing was originally meant to be used on the front of the quilt, but I decided to use a green and white print and added cream borders and a four patch at each corner.  The back of the quilt was pieced together from leftovers and I’m really pleased with how it turned out, I just wish I had ironed the quilt before taking pictures :(

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. I'm sure your sister loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny is a lucky Gal, hope she loves Kaffe as we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she will love it, it is very colorful
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is simply gorgeous Pip. I bet she loved it. Now, if only I could get MY sister to take up quilting and send me one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful ~ I love the colors and I love the white border. I'm sure your sister is thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt; such pretty happy fabrics. And, I love that pieced backing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful quilt. I love the fabrics and I love the design. Sometimes I find Kaffe fabrics a little overwhelming - but not in this quilt.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12/6/11 12:31

    Hi Pip, Yes, I sure do love it everyone. Did not take the flatmates cat very long to discover it on the bed either. I must confess I did not iron it either but I think it mush have smoothed out in the post. Thank you very much Pip. Don't hold your breath but I may reciprocate with a knitted throw. Love Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great quilt and Jenny obviously loves it too! along with the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely quilt Pip........front and back......

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, I love it! Your sister is lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a deliciously beautiful quilt! Lovely colours, makes me happy just to look at it. That was very kind of you Pip to make that for your sister!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)