Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Another two done

Just two blocks left and I'll have caught up, ready to make another block on Sunday.  Choosing my fabrics took a bit longer this time, I really need to consider getting some more light coloured fabrics as it would give me a few more options.


Ladies' Aid Album


Blockade

Our phone has been quite busy the last couple of days (or at least busy for us) someone seems to think we have serious virus problems or a critical fatal error on our computer but of course it is a scam, see here.   If they call again, I'm very tempted to see how long I can keep them on the line while I supposedly carry out all their instructions, meanwhile I will be happily playing Solitaire or Free Cell.

9 comments:

  1. These are lovely Pip. We get that scam on the phone too - so annoying. I once just laid the phone down and walked away and let the guy talk to himself for a while! One more thing to make and then I can start catching up on the CW blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your blocks are looking great. I've had those phone calls too..I just laugh and hang up!
    Have fun at the Inspired Stitches, I look forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't had that one. This is because we don't have a landline any more. It really is wonderful. I thought it would be weird at first, but we haven't missed it at all (Got rid of it mid 2009) and we NEVER have to answer those sorts of calls. Nobody selling anything, nobody wanting our money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Pip. My internet is being weird tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blocks... and I too know the temptation of running out to buy just a few more fabrics to have some variety...

    Thanks for the head's up on the scam... I read the article... I hope I wouldn't have fallen for it but now I know I won't!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these luscious fabrics you have picked out. Beautiful blocks ! Re phone scams... do you guys have a national "do not call" registry like in the US? We used to get tons of solicitation calls but since listing the phone on the DNC registry they have gone to zero. Can't keep the political campaigners from calling, though....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blocks & fabric choices, Pip. Sorry to hear of your run-ins with the scammers. I do hope you have a peaceful {and pieceful!} weekend.
    Best Wishes,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful blocks!!! I too have been receive phone calls for the latest scam. What I don't get is why they keep calling back after you tell them you know about their little scam? Oh well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)