Friday, 6 May 2011

Some quilts that caught my eye

at the recent Inman Quilters Biennial Quilt Exhibition.  Photographs were allowed but there wasn’t a great deal of room in between the rows of quilts on display so conditions weren’t ideal for taking photographs of large quilts.
IMG_5462
Round and Round by Robyn Bach
Based on flamboyant Persian embroidered Suzani wall hangings, Machine pieced, machine/hand appliqued, hand quilted.

IMG_5470
Words by Nancy Duggan
The colour of words as in John Masefield’s poetry -
the power of words as in Barack Obama’s oratory -
the challenge of words as in the morning’s crossword
Words – my favourite thing
This was made for the group challenge My Favourite Thing

rIMG_5472
Memories and More by Denise Baker
Machine made and quilted, this is a double sided quilt as you go pattern from Lorraine Cocker’s “Double Take” pattern.  Made mostly from recycled men’s shirts.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh that last one is a bit confronting isn't it - Looks like lots of square eyes following you around - well to me it does lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I noticed is their use of vibrant colour- you have been busy creating this week in spite of the obvious interruptions of the wildlife around you! That koala looks at home in your tree. Cute fabric in your project folder-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them very much Pip. Thanks for showing them to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like there was a great turn out of quilts for the show! I really like the Words quilt - very clever. Thanks for sharing these great quilt photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love quilt shows ~ there is so much inspiration there to keep you going and on track. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)