Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Scrap happy

IMG_5682

I spent part of today stitching together numerous 5” squares in a couple of different ways then cutting them apart to yield half square triangles and 4 patch squares.

I didn’t finish them all as I wanted to see how they looked together, I used the red value finder to look through to check my contrasts,

IMG_5684

Looking at the black and white picture you can see that there are a few that need changing and and the fabrics could be distributed better, but I think once I’ve finished making all the units it will be easier  as there will be more options

IMG_5684-1

2 comments:

  1. It looks very nice! and I love that you show it in black and white, a concept I'm still trying to grasp, but I'm getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrappy quilts are so much fun and you really have some great fabrics. (Also: hooray for the 3-in-1 color tool !)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)