Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Points

I made Feijoa Pie today, the recipe is here.  Last time I made it I didn’t bother with cutting out the triangles in the pastry, I just scrunched the pastry up around the edge.  The points weren’t very sharp so I used the tips of the off-cuts to augment them.

IMG_5680

Although by the time I had pulled them into the middle it didn’t really make any difference.

IMG_5681

This on the other hand has nice sharp points and can now be called a completed block. (wipes sweat from brow and breathes a sigh of relief)

IMG_5678

6 comments:

  1. A great combination of colours and those points do look sharper in the right place- hope it didn't take too long to unpick and re-sew it. Making the pie like that would certainly save the bother of fitting it in to a pie dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is just beautiful. I love the fabrics. I had never heard of feijoa, and opened up a new tab to look it up and read about it. I learn so much from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pip - that block is gorgeous!
    I really love your fabric choices.
    That pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your block Pip, it's perfect! I give you a lot of credit for showing your "oops", as we have all done that at some point in time. Also, love your fabric choices, I seem to have a problem with that, and "you" don't~ :) Take care............

    ReplyDelete
  5. thankyou so much for the link to the patern for 'my' quilt:) Its realy nice looking at other versions that people have made too. I happen to have a bag of feijoas sitting on my kitchen bench so I know what im having for desert now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love. love. love this block.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)