Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Grey and gloomy

for most of the day thanks to the rain showers that are sweeping across, although there have been a few bright patches when the sun has peeped through but they didn’t last for long.
IMG_5641
Sorting out some rainbow coloured fabrics has made the day a bit brighter, these were given to me by a quilting friend (thanks Sheila) and they are destined for my Rainbow Dear Jane, the plans for which are  
IMG_5427
presently whirring away in my head. More fabric arrived in the mail yesterday, so sometime soon I will make a pattern grid so I can move little pieces of fabric around on it, and get a feeling for what sort of a layout I might use.
IMG_5642

5 comments:

  1. I must have mis-read....I think I read "Rainbow Dear Jane"????? OMG...I am in awe...I wouldn't attempt ONE of these quilts let alone two........!!! Love this weather...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fabrics which would brighten up any day- sounds like your weather today is similar to what we have had over here for the past week -yuk! Will be watching with interest to see how your quilt develops- I used to have visions of attempting one of those quilts myself but reality stepped in for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a lovely grey day here too! Grey with lots of hail. Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh... a Rainbow Dear Jane?
    That sounds Fabulous! It will be such fun to follow your progress on this one too! :)

    Hope you see some sunshine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omigosh! I can't believe you're jumping right back in! I know it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)