Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Finishing off

I worked a bit on one of my Stitch-a-long stitcheries today and then finished off yesterday’s Oscar Owl project folder.  Next time I would allow more fabric for the outside part as once I had quilted around the owl stitchery, the fabric was pulled in a little bit and I just trimmed off the back fabric to line up, which resulted in some wonkiness, my fault entirely.

IMG_5609-1

I didn’t have any suitable ric-rac so I substituted machine embroidery on top of the inside pocket, and some ribbon across the bottom,

IMG_5610

and I should have lined my owl stitchery up better, more wonkiness, but I still like it and it is already in use holding the next petite project.

4 comments:

  1. It's still a lovely little folder. Such a good idea and I may have to try one for one of my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonky is lovely! And your owl is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, adorable project folder! I think it looks fantastic. This is such a great stitchery organizer - Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute Pip! I want to make one too now!!!
    lv,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)