Saturday, 14 May 2011

Finis

The millstone round my neck has gone, now that I have finished the Seven Sisters block.  Blogger being down all yesterday proved a blessing in disguise. With no blog posts to catch up on I knuckled down and worked on this block.

IMG_5662

The applique stars weren’t working too well for me so I tried a block layout from the Block Base software and used English paper piecing to make the stars which I then appliqued on to the background fabric.  If I had been thinking ahead I could have fussy cut diamonds with the background fabric as well.  Now I just have to make a Missouri Star which is last weeks block from the Civil War Quilts blog and then I will be all up to date until tonight when the next block comes out :(

5 comments:

  1. You'll be pleased with the block-it looks good- and that is a great background fabric- one a week must keep you busy if you have other things under way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice block Pip, I like the background fabric.

    Happy stitching
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Actually I'm planning on skipping that one.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a lot of work. Well done Pip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your block is beautiful. I think I'm skipping that one since I plan to make only 42 blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)