Monday, 11 April 2011

Working away

like a little navvy on the quilting which I think is nearly finished.  I’m liking the triangles which I’ve done on the edge, there is so much going on with the fabric that I think straight(ish) lines were the way to go.

IMG_5444

I still have a bit more to do on the corners and then I’m going to trim the edges and put it on a bed to see what it looks like, I can’t do the binding until the fabric arrives, hopefully sometime this week.IMG_5447

Here the quilt is folded into eighths and photographed next to a reel of cotton (about 2 and 3/4” high) to give an idea of how thin the quilt will be once finished.

4 comments:

  1. Pip, its going to look great, love the colours, and so thin! Am just diving in to finish off a quilt I started ages ago, so you're providing so much inspiration right now.

    Your comment about my interesting brews made me laugh, I think interesting is definitely the best way to describe it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tease you are! L.O.L. I can't wait to see the finished product. Did you get some Kaffe for the border?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how you're quilting that ~ and of course I fell in love with all those bright colors to begin with. You are obviously having a lot of fun with your sewing machine. Can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)