Sunday, 3 April 2011

Two blocks done

I thought it was time to make a couple of easy blocks for my 1930’s sampler quilt and as it was the RAAF’s 90th birthday a couple of days ago these two blocks seemed appropriate.

IMG_5429

Block Base 902 (Airplane, Aeroplane are just two of the names)

IMG_5430

and Block Base 903 (The Airplane)

This is going to be a fairly scrappy quilt, mainly using 1930’s reproduction fabrics, although I will be using other fabrics that tickle my fancy, like the Buzzy Bee fabric I used on the block above.

5 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! I absolutely love the buzzy bee fabric. That should come out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh very cool!! Are they from the net or from a book? It would make a great little boys' quilt.
    lv,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pip Claire here (the Dresden Plate mode)!!! You are invited to our next get together if you would like to come? would be nice to meet you...I love the colours that you are using on your Civil War Quilt Loz's looks fantastic makes me want to do one myself....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pip, they are great block's . I love the buzzy bee fabric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet little blocks Pip!
    I think the buzzy bee print is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)