Sunday, 10 April 2011

Sunday night supper

Tonight we had Beef and Potato Curry from this recipe at Simply Joolz, I doubled the amount so I would have some leftover for tomorrow and to freeze for another meal.
I decided to use the slow cooker for the main cooking of the curry, so I just browned the onions, added the spices and vinegar and then tipped that into my slow cooker.  I then browned the meat in batches and added that to the slow cooker, finally I added the liquid ingredients and the potato pieces, put the lid on and left it to cook (about six hours or so on medium).
IMG_5442
I will make this curry again as we enjoyed it very much.  There was quite a lot of liquid in the slow cooker at the end of the cooking time so next time I will reduce the water to half a cup, so the sauce will be a bit thicker.

3 comments:

  1. It looks great. And making it in the slow cooker is a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you enjoyed it, Pip! i still have 2 portions frozen for my lunches. Angus made Thai Green Chicken Curry last night so that's on the blog today.

    Those chocolate cookies are just so rich I don't think I'd bother making them again - just too chocolatey. Although, they would be good, heated then crumbled over icecream.....Noooo!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)