Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Still quilting

I quilted five blocks today after I had tidied up all the thread ends. The quilt is getting easier to move around, or at least I am getting more practised at it, you can see in the picture below that there is quite a bit of room to push the quilt around.

IMG_5526

 

IMG_5545

 

 

I finished off the afternoon with this block, the back of the quilt is starting to look quite good.  I need to start thinking about what I will hand quilt in these blocks.

 

 

IMG_5546

 

Some of the blocks I already have an idea of how the quilting will be done, with this block I might just quilt the centre circle as it is a bit puffy at the moment.

4 comments:

  1. Pip, it's looking beautiful! Good on you for quilting it yourself. I'm afraid I would have put it in the too hard basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pip, you do such a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you planning to both machine and hand quilt your DJQ? I just found your blog. I'll have to keep reading. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Estoy encantada viendo su hermosa colcha Dear Jane, he visto que tiene una regla de triángulos, y con ella es fácil hacer los bloques para terminar la colcha con los triángulos. Me gustaría mucho comprarla, ¿dónde puedo hacerlo? Por favor contesteme. Un saludo
    MARI CARMEN
    MI EMAIL: bauldelosretales@gmail.com
    Mi blog. bauldelosretales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)