Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Planning

As I intend to work on my Dear Jane this long weekend, I thought I had better have a think about the scalloped edge.  Although I won’t be cutting them until I get to the binding stage, I need a bit of an idea so I can mark them before I start quilting.

IMG_5485

This is how I’m planning on doing my scalloped edge, although looking at the photo it looks as if I may need to make the corner scallop a little fuller so it has the same curve as the other scallops.

3 comments:

  1. Have you read Linda Franz's instructions for doing the scallops? It may give you some help.
    http://lindafranz.com/section/scallops/38

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see how this works out so I know how to do mine when I get there...if I get there. LOL!

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Mary! I won't have to worry about it any time soon, I guess. =) It will be beautiful, Pip. Good for you, adding the scallops. I think I'll be skipping them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)